As it stands at the moment, halls can remain open, however we have a duty of care in providing a safe facility for the community to use.
We (VPRA) are taking extra precautions especially for the groups/users who are most at risk from the virus.
- Taking notice of the Government and Public Health England websites and keeping up to date with the ongoing situation
- Keeping the Hall very clean and ensuring that soap and/or hand sanitiser is available, paper towels are available and hand driers are working efficiently
- Avoiding the use of hand towels
- Putting up a notice about hand washing, particularly in toilets and kitchen areas.
- Advising hirers that they are expected to act responsibly and take notice of Government and Public Health England advice which includes who is and isn’t allowed to be in public spaces
We have had some groups/users cancel their planned session – for an update on this please visit our Facebook page and/or Groups tab above
We are looking for a Premises Manager for the Community Centre
Download the job description below for full details of the role and how to apply.
Vinters Park and Woodlands are a residential estate slightly to the northeast of Maidstone town centre.
This is the website of Vinters Park Residents’ Association (VPRA) and of course, the Vinters Park Community Centre.
The Community Centre is owned by all Residents of Vinters Park and Woodlands and managed by VPRA (a registered charity). The Centre has two separate halls that can be hired for occasions (e.g. for birthday parties!) or on a more regular basis (e.g. for clubs etc.)
On this site you can find information about and photographs of the hall along with contact information if you need to get in touch with the Residents Association or to make a hall booking.